Monday, June 3, 2013

Lazy, Hazy Day


Our bird, Hadji, is molting.  He looks really bad.  I keep telling him that only his mother could love him.  Since I am his mother, he knows I love him no matter what.  His feathers itch as they get loose and he is having a hard couple of weeks.  Hopefully it will be over soon and he will be his beautiful self and not irritated any longer.

I spent a lazy Sunday at home.  Mother mostly napped and Howard had a few errands to run, so I was mostly left alone.  I really don’t mind.  When I am alone, I don’t have to constantly be on call (Mother) or trying to make Howard think I feel OK.  It takes a lot of energy for those things.

Sometimes we just need to settle back and regroup.   I was thinking about the storms coming our way some.  I have told you many times that I am afraid of storms.  I believe God will take care of me, but when the lightning flashes and the wind kicks up I go into panic mode.  The old fears from Hurricane Hugo come crashing back into my mind and I become no longer sane.  (I guess it really doesn’t take much!)  I was trying to play out a storm in my mind and pace myself to face it.

I was also thinking about all the doctors I am making appointments with to see in July.  It seems overpowering when I put them all together.  I am not a “doctor person” anyway, so I am not at ease with these thoughts. 

A friend of mind put a chart online of foods people with MS should/should not eat.  It is all well and fine but the MS food and the Crohn’s food are almost total opposites.  I really have to lean more towards the Crohn’s chart because of the pain it causes me when my eating habits don’t stay close to it.  I guess the MS will just have to fend for itself in this case.

I spent some time listening to Buffy’s tummy rumble.  She takes spells where her stomach is upset and her stomach “talks” almost non-stop.  No, it is not food caused because she eats the same thing all the time.  I guess puppies are like people…………sometimes, no matter what you do, you get a little sick.  I am giving her a lot of extra love and praying that she will soon feel better.

Howard and I have been looking into sitters for Mother.  She does not want to be alone and we need to go out sometimes if nothing but to the grocery store and doctor appointments.  This is not an easy task.  There are quite a few companies that advertise services for this purpose, but I don’t know anything about them.  I don’t know about you but I often look up reviews on the internet to get other people’s opinions of things.  I was really happy with this until I saw a commercial on TV.  It is a car insurance advertisement.  A guy is looking things up on the internet and the girl says she heard you can’t do that.  He asks where she heard that.  She says on the internet.  The commercial goes on and on but the gist of it is that you cannot always believe opinions on the internet because it could be someone paid to praise/dump on a company.  This causes me a little concern with finding a sitter service review.  I guess I will just have to call around and see if anyone has a recommendation.

I have tried to find some useful pastimes besides spending so much time online.  I have started crocheting again.  I made a purse for my cousin for her birthday and it turned out pretty good.  I decided to make another to use myself.  Since I did not use a pattern and made the directions up as I went, this one turned out a little different than the first one.  I will take a picture of it and put it on here sometime.  I hope it will turn out OK and I won’t be ashamed to take it with me.

Sometimes rambling is good for the soul.  It washes a few things out of one’s head and makes room for some rational thoughts.  I am trying to unclutter my brain and get something useful running around in there.  I am not sure it will work, but I am giving it a try anyway!!

2 comments:

Muffie said...

I love rambling idea posts! As far as the elder-sitter... we went through an agency first to have someone with my mother. Then I learned how little they pay the companions/nurses. So I urged one to leave the company and work solely for us. I paid her the money we had paid the agency. She was an absolute angel! Good luck with your search.
Peace,
Muff

Janie said...

Thanks......it is kind of nice just to let thoughts flow as they come. I hope we will find someone nice that Mother likes, which will be the hard part.