Wednesday, March 21, 2012

The Heat Is On!!!

Like most people with MS, I am NOT at my best in the summer!  The heat totally drains me of any energy that I might have and causes me to be dizzy and nauseated.
I realize most people love the summer.  They like going to the beach, getting a tan and doing things outside in the warmth.  I used to enjoy all these things also, before my MS was in full swing.  Now, I can only look out the window and hope the air conditioner will keep me cool.
According to the National Geographic website, global warming, or climate change, is a subject that shows no sign of cooling down. The rate of warming is increasing. The 20th century's last two decades were the hottest in 400 years and possibly the warmest for several millennia, according to a number of climate studies. And the United Nations' Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) reports that 11 of the past 12 years are among the dozen warmest since 1850.
I am not agreeing with, nor disputing any of the above statements.  (One question I always have, though, is “who was the person keeping those records 400 years or several millennia ago?”)  I do know that whether or not the world is getting increasingly warmer or not, I can’t do anything about it.  Whether scientists want to believe it or not, things like that are STILL in God’s Hands!
If it were up to me, it would not get any warmer than 60 degrees.  Beyond that, I start getting flush-faced and light-headed.  I guess it is a good thing I am not in control of the weather.  No matter what temperature I set it at, someone would not be happy.
One thing I do know, when it is cold, I can put more clothes on and get warm.  When it is hot, I can take everything off and still be hot! I just hope the a/c is in good working order…..either that or my husband had better start getting ready to move to Alaska!

No comments: