Monday, April 30, 2012

My Husband’s Point of View

Today’s blog is a little different.  My husband brought me a piece of paper which he had written these thoughts on.  I want to share them with you.  (He asked me to “edit” them and word them better than he did, but I didn’t change a thing!)

“A Good Attitude Goes A Long Way”

“From a husband’s point of view:  I’ve seen my wife with:  back pain (hurting and hugs); leg pain (hurting and buzzing); arm pain (hurting and buzzing); head pain (lightning bolts); face pain (tingling and hurting); fatigue (beat down); depression (tired of being tired); falling and bouncing off the furniture; and all kinds of MS problems.

I have never met anyone in my life who I admire more than my wife.  I see her with her everyday struggles.  I see her down more than she is up.  But I have never seen anyone that has a better attitude than she does (no one).

I see God in my wife every day.  I draw strength from her broken body every day.  Watching her struggles makes me want to be the best I can be for her every day of my life. 

I search the MS web sites each day to find ways to help her.  I also draw strength from all the MS family.  My hat is off to all of you.  I hope no one takes MS lightly.  This is from a husband who has seen first-hand what MS can do to people.

My wife and I are still looking up.  We know in God’s timing, He will rescue us from the domain of darkness and bring us into His marvelous light.

Remember, a good attitude goes a long way, especially on what seems like a dark and dreary road.”

Am I blessed to have this man for a husband or what??!!!  I feel very humbled by his words.

Each time I write this blog I try to pass along a little knowledge about MS to those who read it but don’t have this disease.  I also try to end it on a humorous note to take a little of the sting away from the harshness of our everyday lives.

Today, however, I can’t think of a thing witty or funny!  I just want to thank God for my husband and all my MS family.  Without each of us, none of us would have the power and strength to come through this with the upbeat, loving attitude that we share!

2 comments:

Muffie said...

Your husband's a real "keeper!" His essay was beautiful, and he really "gets" it! Thanks for sharing and caring, Janie!

Peace,
Muff

Janie said...

I agree Muffie! He really does try to get it and cares about all of us. He always reads the MS sites and comments and trys to find something in each that will help our situation. I really feel so blessed to have him and all of you!