Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Tit For Tat

I feel pretty good today.  Yesterday, I had a serious case of brain drain.  Today, my brain is a little bit clearer, but my legs don’t want to work. 
I am wondering if each little area that is affected by MS gets together while I sleep and discusses who will work and not work that day.  According to what my MS family says on the network, it seems to be that way with them also.
I was also wondering that if I could chose which part of me works and doesn’t, what would I chose.  I have watched my aunt go blind over the past few years.  She was always an outdoor person who laughed and enjoyed life to the fullest.  Now, she is confined to a room at an elderly care facility.  She still has a bright outlook on life, but is quickly going downhill in her health and mental capabilities. 
I think I would hate to lose my vision most of all.  If one can’t walk or think, at least they can enjoy seeing and experiencing the beauty of things.  There are many days I can’t walk much and although they are trying on one’s nerves, at least there are things that can be done where you are.  If you can’t see, you are pretty much shut up in your own world. 
On days I can’t think clearly, my husband takes care of the business end of things.  Even when my thinking is limited, I can still cook, wash clothes, and dabble on the computer. 
When I am exhausted, I can lie down and rest, or do simple things that don’t take much energy.  When I can’t swallow well, I eat soup or drink milkshakes and such.
I think, if we have to, we can adjust to whatever life has to offer us.  We just have to put ourselves in the mind frame that there are so many that have it much worse than we do.  I like that attitude and will try my best to keep it!

No comments: