Monday, October 22, 2012

Just A Little MS Poem


Sometimes I’m happy

Sometimes I’m sad.

Sometimes I’m gloomy

Sometimes I’m mad.

So many emotions

What can I say

Sometimes they happen

All in one day.

It might seem crazy

The things that I do

But please just remember

I think I’m crazy too.

I often walk sideways

No straight path is found

Other times I am graceful

Not making a sound.

Sometimes my brain’s sharp

As sharp as a tack

Sometimes it is sluggish

And hardly reacts.

Somedays I can see

A tick on a dog

Other days it seems

Like I’m looking through fog.

Sometimes my nerves

Are as quiet as a mouse

Sometimes the buzzing

Could run a whole house.

Sometimes my breathing

Is managed with ease

Other times it resembles

An angry boa’s squeeze.

Sometimes I’m Rip Van Winkle

Sleeping at his best

Other night’s I could not buy

A simple night’s rest.

This MS disease

On me has taken its toll

It may have my body

But will NEVER have my soul!

 

4 comments:

Muffie said...

Great poem, Janie. It really says it all!!
Peace,
Muff

Janie said...

Thanks Muffie!!!

Diane J Standiford said...

Love it.

Janie said...

Thank you, Diane!