Tuesday, February 22, 2011

I Chose None of the Above!

So, I went to the doctor and he laid out some treatment plans.  One plan is a shot each day; one plan is a shot three times a week; one plan is a shot once a week.  Did I mention that I HATE SHOTS???!!!!!!!!!!! Anyway, I was given a ton of material to read over and told to call him back with my decision.
Have you ever been in one of those positions where you had to make a choice about something and none of the choices were ones you really wanted?  Each option has a disadvantage.  The once a day shot, of course, will eventually make you have bruises and sores all over your body.  He says people usually take them as follows: Monday, right leg; Tuesday, left leg; Wednesday, right side of belly; Thursday, left side of belly; Friday, right arm; Saturday, left arm; Sunday, in the back; then start over.  Somehow, that just does not appeal to me!
On the other hand, the other two options are larger doses and tend to make people sick a day or two after taking them.  Instead of being sore, you have a flu type reaction and lose a part of your week.  That doesn’t sound appealing either.
There is some light in the tunnel on down the road.  There is a pill in the works, and possibly a patch in the future.  I will definitely opt for one of those when I can.  It could always be worse and I am thankful that there are options and hope that the progress of the disease can be slowed.
Until then, I will hold my head up and take my shots………probably once a day, given by my husband.  If he gets to the point he enjoys it too much, I will write an ugly piece about him!  J

No comments: