Friday, August 3, 2012

Another Saint in Heaven

Just wanted to write a short post in memory of my cousin, Billy.  He died last night after a long battle with cancer.  I wrote a post about teardrops a while back about that.

It has really hit me hard to know that he is gone.  It is not like I see him a lot or we have spent much time together lately.  It is just the fact that now we CAN'T. 

I know that he is so much better off not suffering day in and day out.  I know his beautiful wife, Darlene, is so much better not having to watch the man she loves and has been with for so many years suffer.  I know his brother, children and grandchildren are better off not watching all this happen to one they love.  None of that makes it any easier to let him go.

We all have to face heartaches in our lives.  The hardest are having someone pass on into the next life.  Hopefully, they have made their peace with God and He will welcome them home to Heaven.

I won't rant and rave about the hurt my family is going through at the moment.  As with all deaths, time will ease the pain a little and we will only remember the wonderful times we had together without that sharp pain in our hearts.............I will be happy when that time gets here for all of us.....

2 comments:

Muffie said...

My condolences to you and your family. I will add you to my ever-growing prayer list.
Peace,
Muff

Janie said...

Thank you Muff..........we all need each others prayers and you are always on my list.......