Monday, August 20, 2012

Fall Is In The Air


One of my cousins told me the other day that she could “smell” Fall in the air.  I am hoping she is right.  This has been a long, hot summer………not to mention the fact that we really didn’t have a winter either.

When we took our little day trip last week, a few little sprouts of color were beginning to show in the leaves.  Nothing much, but enough to give me hope for cooler weather.

I’m sure most of you have heard a lot of old wives’ tales.  One of the ones that really got me excited last year is the one that says if the squirrels are really busy and gathering nuts and such a lot, we will have a really bad winter. Wrong!!!  The squirrels got all of our pecans last year and scurried around like we were going to have multiple feet of snow and such.  We did not have a flake all season and it barely made it down to freezing a few times.

Unfortunately, I have not learned my lesson.  The pecans are coming out on the trees in clusters and I am getting excited about the winter getting near.  I hope I am not disappointed this year!

Another thing I really get excited about this time of year is decorating the house with the Fall colors.  I hope I can get up the energy to do so soon.  It is not as much fun to have to tell someone else what I want done and them do it instead of me.

One of the hardest things I have had to deal with in my MS struggles is learning that I can no longer do a lot of the things I enjoy.  I know I am not the only one with this problem and many are so much more limited than I am.  I guess we all have to deal with our own frustrations and hope that the good outweighs the bad in our everyday lives.

Last year, one of my sisters-in-law and I dressed up for Halloween.  It was really fun even though I was fairly limited in my movements.  The kids enjoyed seeing us and some parents even stopped and took our picture.  I am sure we enjoyed it every bit as much as the kids did.
(I am the blonde!!)
I hope I will be able to do some of the things I have done in the past.  I know that most of you are praying for these things also.  Adjusting to being “tied down” in our activities really puts a strain on most of us. 

With the holidays approaching, cooler weather (I pray!) and all the activities that the following months bring, I pray that each of us are able to put aside our limitations and enjoy the season to the fullest that we can…………there is so much to look forward to even if we have to have more help than we really would want………!!!

1 comment:

Muffie said...

We've already had some cooling down, but it still LOOKS like summer. I'm the oddball, I think, since Fall is not my favorite season. But I do decorate! My husband just leaves the bins in an inconspicuous place, and I do it little by little. Can you believe there was a time when I did it monthly???
BTW -- love the costumes! You must have scared the bejeebers out of the kids!

Peace,
Muff