Tuesday, August 28, 2012

The Return of the Foot


OK, my foot is back.  But it sure is tingly.  I am very hesitant to trust it.  I guess, having fallen before, I just do not want to repeat the process.

All of us have read or seen things on people who have lost limbs for various reasons.  I know that many of our servicemen and women have lost arms, legs eyes and other parts in war.  Many people have had to have parts of their body amputated because of disease.  Others have been born missing certain parts of their body.  Each case is very sad and my heart goes out to them.

I remember when I was young that there were cases of people cutting off their arm or leg with a chain saw to get disability.  So many were out of a job and their families were starving.  They thought this would get them through a bad financial situation.  I hope I would never resort to something that radical.

Maybe this is God’s way of reminding us that we should be thankful each day for all the blessings we have.  I know that we moan and complain a lot about all the things we have wrong with us.  This is normal.  But maybe we should take a little time out each day and be thankful for all the things we DO have going right that many others do not.

I am trying to be very nice to my prodigal foot.  I don’t want it to wander off again. Vacations are nice, but you should always have a backup to handle the things that you normally do.  No matter the reason it left, I am glad that the foot has returned. I am really thinking of throwing a welcome home party!  You are all invited!!

Welcome back, my foot
I missed you so
Please stay with me
And nevermore go!!

1 comment:

Muffie said...

So glad your foot returned! I, too, feel ashamed when I see all those service men and women who lost limbs. Somehow my disability doesn't seem so bad then.
(I'd take that foot's passport away, just in case!!)
Peace,
Muff