Friday, August 10, 2012

Blah, Blah, Blah


I guess you could think of “blah” in two ways: (1) Blah, blah, blah is used to describe people who just talk on and on about nothing; (2) Blah is also used to describe a yucky feeling that we all have from time to time.

My husband and I have a lot of blah number 1 days.  My mother lives with us and rambles on and on about things that have no rhyme or reason to them.  If you happen to make the mistake of commenting on something she has said, she will argue with you for hours about what she said, as opposed to what she meant.  It gets very frustrating and can wear on your nerves BIG TIME!!  She is getting more and more into talking about trivial things that are of no interest to anyone.  She also is getting more critical of people and things.  This is not a problem that has developed as she has gotten older.  When I was young our pastor was talking to my Daddy one time and told him he was a fine man, but he wished he would talk more.  Daddy told the pastor that he was the youngest of ten children and then married Mother........he had never had a chance to learn to talk!

The last couple of days I have experienced blah number 2. Nothing is particularly wrong, I just don’t seem to have much interest in anything.  I have moped around the house and tried to get some projects started, but can’t seem to really get them going because they don’t spark my interest.  I hate these kinds of days!

Most of the time, like most of you, I have so little energy to put into anything.  I try to get the important things that NEED doing done and if there is any energy left over, I go on to something I WANT to get done.  It is very rewarding to actually get things accomplished and I really get excited when I am able to do so.

These past few days I have not even wanted to do the NEED things.  It is kind of like depression, but not that in-depth.   It is miserable to be like this and I am hoping and praying that it will not last long.

I have been taking a new medicine (one that is supposed to help with depression and such) and am wondering if this has anything to do with it.  Since it is supposed to work in an opposite manner, I would be surprised if it is the culprit.  I will give the medication another week or two and see what happens.  If I don’t get out of this funk, I will definitely call the doc and see what is up!

One of the things that really perks me up are all the friends I have met online.  Although most of us have some type of chronic illness that tests our patience and stamina each day, we all try to lift each other’s spirits and hold each other up no matter how down we may be ourselves.  I have been trying to read all I can online and get some “upbeat” feelings from some of you.  I hope it will work soon and I can get out of this blah mood.

Blah mood is much better than blah from my mother, though.  I wonder if she would notice if we walked around with earplugs???

3 comments:

Muffie said...

When my mother lived with us, and before she got so deep into dementia, we'd have days like that, too. It can be very frustrating.
I would really check out the meds, especially if this is a new symptom. Even if you listen to the ads for antidepressants, they say that you could get a worsening of depression. I've had those blahs, though, and they're no fun!
Feel better!
Peace,
Muff

Sherri said...

i hate blah days... and the blah blah blah ones too...

i'm having a run of blah days right now. very annoying, frustrating. and that seems to only fuel the blah. i just can't seem to get off my arse. i'm hoping it passes soon...

and i hope that yours passes soon too! it's not like we don't already have enough to deal with eh?

Janie said...

Thanks ladies........I know it will pass but wading through it is a bummer!

I am so looking forward to Fall and the cooler weather....maybe some snow this year....just a change of pace from this hot, sticky, stormy weather that seems to have been here so long.....