Tuesday, March 22, 2011

What Did You Say?????

Yesterday was a bad day.  You know the kind.  You can’t focus; people talk to you and you really don’t “get” what they are saying; your head feels like it is full of fog.  Concentration is out of the question.
I remember when I was young and people would say, “You know so-and-so?  He/she is a real Space Cadet!”, meaning, they seemed to walk around in a world of their own and not pay attention to what was going on around them.  I felt like one yesterday.
I don’t really think it is a total MS thing, but I have had days like that more since it started.  Some days it is all I can do to focus on what is going on around me.  My brain takes in the words, but they don’t seem to make sense.  I try to talk, but making a complete sentence seems like rocket science. 
The simple things seem so hard.  I tried to think about this blog, but words would not come in the order that they made any type of sense.  I decided to put writing off until today, hoping it would be better. 
We all have times when the world just seems to spin around us and we are watching from the sidelines.  I found myself staring off in the distance, not really looking at anything, but just blank.  I would come back to reality and have no idea how long I had been gone.
MS often leaves one lightheaded, foggy brained and at a loss for words.  It clogs the brain so much that sometimes it is hard to function or speak.  I do not like that, as you can imagine.
I would not mind being a Space Cadet if it was only for a short period of time.  With MS, the fear is that it will last the rest of your life.
I hope the ship takes off and I can wave to the crew as it takes off to outer space……….I do not want to be a passenger!

No comments: